always Love
hate will get you everytime

the scribbler
Here I am at Your feet
In my brokeness, complete

archive
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
May 2009
January 2010
July 2013

switch to
A.L.
Ella
Eric
Jam
Jan
Justin
Lala
Mark
Miguel
Pre
Tin

say what you mean

Resources
xrated.
Turn Left, Turn Right
Sunday, August 31, 2008 |11:50 PM

They're both convinced
that a sudden passion joined them.
Such certainty is beautiful,
but uncertainty is more beautiful still.

Love at First Sight
by Wislawa Szymborska
***
Last Friday, stars aligned for me to be able to watch the bonus movie for Chinese Lit. Four certain fortuities [pardon the term] occured that led me to Escaler to sit down and watch.
1st fortuity: friends at Sec Walk
2nd fortuity: Nombie passing by and asking about the movie screening
3rd fortuity: us checking out the seats
4th fortuity: The movie has not yet started when we arrived.

You see, if my friends were not there, I would not be sitting along Sec Walk and I would not have seen Carlo passing by. If he did not ask about the movie, I would not have gone to Escaler because my mind was already set not to watch. If there were no more seats available and if it has already started, I would have turned my back and gone back to SecWalk to chit chat. I am just so happy that all these happened because the movie was really worth my while. It was funny. Medyo patalo lang talaga yun ending, but in totality, it was nice.

Thinking about it, everything that happens is a collection of these fortuities. Our best and worst moments wouldn't have happened if one of the many needed fortuities didn't occur. Imagine, I would not have met my beautifully wonderful friends if I did not pass Ateneo, if I didn't choose ComTech, if I went to LaSalle instead, if I were put in a different block. I mean, if just one of those did not happen, my entire college life would have taken a different road. It is just amazing to think that our lives are so perfectly knit. Well, it really must be in the stars.

It is just like a constellation. There are a million of stars in the sky, but only a few and specific ones are essentially needed to be connected to create that constellation. I wish our constellation takes it form. It may not be soon, but I just hope that someday it will.

Not quite ready yet
to become their Destiny
it pushed them close, drove them apart,
it barred their path,
stifling a laugh,
and then leaped aside.

Love at First Sight
by Wislawa Szymborska