always Love
hate will get you everytime

the scribbler
Here I am at Your feet
In my brokeness, complete

archive
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
May 2009
January 2010
July 2013

switch to
A.L.
Ella
Eric
Jam
Jan
Justin
Lala
Mark
Miguel
Pre
Tin

say what you mean

Resources
xrated.
On Love and Family
Sunday, November 25, 2007 |12:41 AM

Not everyone is as lucky as me. You ask why? One of the simple reasons is that I have a very supporting and loving family. My immediate family is everything I need and more. But add to that an extended family that wishes nothing but the best for you, well, that is simply more than enough.

Earlier today, while we were at the birthday celebration of one of my cousins (happy birthday, Cecille!), our simple kwentuhan turned into a discussion about love. You see, the birthday celebrant's boyfriend came to the party, but apparently, he was not introduced to the family who wanted oh-so-badly to meet or simply see the guy. So our titos and titas, being the concerned citizens of the Philippines that they are, wanted to teach us about love and relationships and all that jazz.

They began the discussion by asking us one by one what our definition of love is then continued on to telling us about what boys want and what the girls should do about it. The same music that would play every so often. It is nothing new, but it is nice to listen to once in a while.

The opening question really got me thinking.
What is love?
This question has been asked since the beginning of time through the gradeschool addiction, the autograph and you would think that I would have an answer immediately at hand, but I did not. It is like the joke about finding the value of x. Over and over, you will be asked this question and everytime, you will search for an answer.

With no way out, I had no other choice but to answer. I based my answer on what I see rather than what I felt. My feelings is really not a good basis because I seriously doubt that I have felt that love we were talking about. This definition of love is from what I see in my ultimate idols, my parents.

Love, for me, is prioritizing the welfare of your partner, accepting him whole-heartedly and then help bring out the best in each other. That kilig factor in the beginning is nothing but the tip of the iceberg. Loving is so so so so so much more than that.

In relation to that, I really think that love is insufficient to maintain a relationship that would last a lifetime. It takes unending patience, hard work, much understanding, unbelievable selflessness and a lot more which lack of words prevent me from expressing. You need to do all these so that at the end of the day, you can have someone to share everything with, to make everything more meaningful and worthwhile.

***
All these talk made me wonder about my love. I wonder, where is it? O well, as of now, I will patiently wait. It will come to me. And when it does, I am quite sure it will be worth the wait.